Client Reminder Terms of Service
By checking the box you are enabling QuickEMR Automated Reminders and Text messages and agreeing to the following terms of service. Communication/s shall refer to an automated computer-generated voice call and an automated SMS text message. Subscriber shall refer to the patient, guardian, or authorized representative whose phone number is subscribed. Sender shall refer to you the practice or organization rendering services and/or scheduling appointments for the subscriber and includes any individual given permission to access sending or add subscribers. Host shall refer to Eazy Application Systems Inc and its partners and affiliates.
- Subscriber Liability. The Subscriber will receive one or more communication/s from the sender. The Subscriber is responsible for all fees, charges, or service agreements with their own carrier and the Sender and Host accept no liability or responsibility of such fees. Contact your phone service provider for more details on how Communication/s may affect your bill. The subscriber also attests the phone number given belongs to them and that they have the right to agree to these terms for the given phone number. The sender make no claims to the subscriber contradicting this policy.
- Subscriber Consent. The Sender must obtain express consent and have reasonable evidence of that consent to send communications. The Subscriber may opt out at any time by directly contacting the Sender or replying "Stop" to a communication/s. The subscriber may restore reminders by sending "unstop" to the same number and contacting the sender to agree to a new consent. If the sender is contacted through alternative means and asked to discontinue communication/s they must immediately cease communication/s.
- Sender Liability. The sender agrees to pay for the service. The sender accepts responsibility for it’s subscribers and any grievances posted by it’s subscribers.
- Reminder Purpose. The Sender may only send communication/s concerning scheduled appointments in the form of reminders of upcoming appointments, cancellation of appointments, or rescheduling of appointments. Sending any other form of communications including post appointment follow-up surveys, birthday lists, or other marketing materials is not permissible.
- Lawful and Respectful Content. Communications must not contain content advocating against groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Communications must not contain abusive language that may incite hostility or political intolerance.
- Limited HIPAA Content. The content of the message may not include any PHI (private healthcare information) as defined by federal HIPAA guidelines except the name of the patient, the date and time of the appointment, the name of the practice/facility, the name of the provider, and the location of the appointment. It is recommended not to include the name of the patient. The sender accepts all liability for HIPAA information shared in communications.
- Service availability. The host does not guarantee these services continued existence nor usage nor does it accept liability for missed reminders, lost income, lost business, or any other fiscal loss incurred by interruption or discontinuation. The service may be terminated at any time without warning.
- TOS Updates. Updates to this document may occur at any time without notice. If any part of this document is declared unlawful the remainder holds true.
- Disciplinary Action. Violation of any of these terms in the opinion of the host will result in disciplinary action including temporary disabling of the feature, permanent disabling of the feature, banishment from the QuickEMR products, and reporting to law enforcement agencies.
Thank you for using QuickEMR appointment reminders, we hope they provide a valuable service.